SOLVED

Re: Sending Salesforce tasks from a global smart campaign

Go to solution
florenzoNIP
Level 2

Sending Salesforce tasks from a global smart campaign

Hi all, looking for some help. 

I am trying to set up a global smart campaign in a Lead Lifecycle program that will allow me to send tasks every time someone has a lead score of over 100. In our system, this occurs in many ways, but mainly when clients submit a form requesting more information. 

We have several unique forms that connect to over 50 form programs via referral URL. Our forms span across 3 unique business units that are essentially completely different companies with different processes in Salesforce. I quickly realized that we would need at least 11 different variants of the tasks based on which form they complete. 

Here's the issue...  Marketo has a historical record of all the forms a person has filled out. And in the flow of the smart campaign, it only selects the first choice available. So if someone filled out our NPS form 3 months ago and then came back and filled out a learn more form, their record would still trigger the NPS task if that choice was first, even if it was not the most recent form completed. 

Does anyone know a better way to set this up globally?

Currently, I have all the tasks set on the individual form program level, but we have over 50 form programs, so it's getting difficult to manage. If I have to make one small update, I have to make it on all 50!  😓 Plus, we'd like to set it up so all contacts with a score over 100 get a task, even if they don't fill out of form. So ideally, it would all come out of one program to avoid duplicate tasks being sent. 

Below are some screenshots of the flow step for reference. 

florenzoNIP_0-1622059238730.png

florenzoNIP_1-1622059300745.png

florenzoNIP_2-1622059319131.png

florenzoNIP_3-1622059811357.png

Thanks in advance for your suggestions! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Phillip_Wild
Level 10

Hi @florenzoNIP ,

So if a person should be sent to sales when their score hits 100, then regardless of whether it comes from a form fillout or something else, that should be your triggered smart campaign. 

It seems like you also want to pass through the form that a person filled out to the salesperson (or perhaps the activity that triggered the score update), you can utilise temporary fields.

So how about something like this:

* Triggered smart campaigns per form that have a trigger of "filled out form", and then steps of "Change data value" and then "change score to 100" (or whatever value you want to add). For the Change Data Value step(s), write in any values you'd like to pass to the sales team based on the form - for example,  the form name. 

* Now, your triggered smart campaign to create a task will be based on the Score field changing to be greater than 100. Then the only flow step would be "create task", and you can use the same token from the triggered smart campaign to write what form they filled out in the task description.

You could probably get even fancier by only having one triggered smart campaign for all forms, and using the {{trigger}} tokens to write that form name in, but that is assuming all forms gave the same amount of points.

From your example, it looks like there are some tasks that need different statuses in terms of completion. If that's the case, no way to get around it - you will need either choice steps or different smart campaigns to send the right details 😞

Does this help?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Phillip_Wild
Level 10

Hi @florenzoNIP ,

So if a person should be sent to sales when their score hits 100, then regardless of whether it comes from a form fillout or something else, that should be your triggered smart campaign. 

It seems like you also want to pass through the form that a person filled out to the salesperson (or perhaps the activity that triggered the score update), you can utilise temporary fields.

So how about something like this:

* Triggered smart campaigns per form that have a trigger of "filled out form", and then steps of "Change data value" and then "change score to 100" (or whatever value you want to add). For the Change Data Value step(s), write in any values you'd like to pass to the sales team based on the form - for example,  the form name. 

* Now, your triggered smart campaign to create a task will be based on the Score field changing to be greater than 100. Then the only flow step would be "create task", and you can use the same token from the triggered smart campaign to write what form they filled out in the task description.

You could probably get even fancier by only having one triggered smart campaign for all forms, and using the {{trigger}} tokens to write that form name in, but that is assuming all forms gave the same amount of points.

From your example, it looks like there are some tasks that need different statuses in terms of completion. If that's the case, no way to get around it - you will need either choice steps or different smart campaigns to send the right details 😞

Does this help?

florenzoNIP
Level 2

Hi Phillip, 

Thank you for your reply. I think that makes sense. The only issue is that we use a small group of forms across many different form programs. So instead of writing the form name to the task, we would actually want to write the form program name. 

Is there a way to do that? I was thinking maybe mkto last program success since acquisition program will only attribute to new leads coming in. 

For the variations of tasks, can I use the trigger form as a choice? THat was one of my huge issues was that it was pulling in the first form I completed and assigning the correct tasks off that instead of the most recent program completed. 

Thanks again!
Felicia