SOLVED

Re: Sending personalised files to a list of contacts

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sending personalised files to a list of contacts

Hello!

As a result of an interactive installation at an event, I have a set of personalised pdf's associated to a list of contacts/emails.

Now after the event we'd like to send a follow up to each person with a link to download their own pdf.

I can think of two ways to do this:

1. Name each pdf: your-report-{{lead.last name}}.pdf , upload on marketo, and then use the last name token to link to each file

2. Create a custom field that holds the file name of each pdf - send the campaign - then hide the field  (Which I want to avoid - right?)

Is there any other way you can think of?

Thanks,

.yannis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Definitely wouldn't use the Last Name in option 1! That's a guarantee that you'll send the wrong doc as soon as there's a duplicate LN. In addition, last names change over time, breaking the link.

Rather, use a truly unique ID -- the {{Lead.Id}} would be my choice, or the Marketo Unique ID or Code.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Definitely wouldn't use the Last Name in option 1! That's a guarantee that you'll send the wrong doc as soon as there's a duplicate LN. In addition, last names change over time, breaking the link.

Rather, use a truly unique ID -- the {{Lead.Id}} would be my choice, or the Marketo Unique ID or Code.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would suggest using a combination of lead id and last name.

Otherwise, curious people can try to access different lead ids or last names other than their own files. If you use a combination of lead id and last name, that combination is hard to guess.

Rajesh

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good idea Sanford thanks!