SOLVED

Sending Emails To "Unsubscribed" Contact That Signed Up For Webinar

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sending Emails To "Unsubscribed" Contact That Signed Up For Webinar

Any spam experts out there? We recently ran into an interesting situation. We host webinars and had a contact register (we promote via email and our website, so they must have found it on our website), however this person had actually unsubscribed from our e-mails in the past. The issue here is we use Marketo to send all email reminders and the follow up email with a recording of the presentation. A big marketing angle we use is sending this follow up email to all registrants, so they don't have to attend the webinar live, and this person could wind up not receiving anything from us since they are unsubscribed.

Since this is specific to a webinar the person signed up for, would we be ok sending them Marketo emails solely about the webinar? Looking to establish a practice for these as this could happen to us in the future.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sending Emails To "Unsubscribed" Contact That Signed Up For Webinar

If you're sending a registration confirmation email, reminder, or follow-up email with the recording I would send those all as operational emails since they're related to something the contact specifically opted into. Just ensure that they don't receive any other marketing/promotional emails after the follow-up email with recording and you should be fine.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're sending a registration confirmation email, reminder, or follow-up email with the recording I would send those all as operational emails since they're related to something the contact specifically opted into. Just ensure that they don't receive any other marketing/promotional emails after the follow-up email with recording and you should be fine.

Hope that helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I totally forgot about the "operational" e-mail option! Thank you!

Andrew

Jeff_Smith3
Level 7

Thanks Wintha. I actually had the same question concerning whether follow up emails ("sorry we missed you" / "thank you for attending") should be considered operational, since we market upcoming webinars to them in addition to providing a link to the recording of the one they signed up for. I agree that these shouldn't be restricted by communication limits or email preferences. Thanks for your thoughts on that.