Re: Sending an Email Response Through Email Alerts

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sending an Email Response Through Email Alerts

The company I work for has several sales reps, each with many, many differnet areas of expertise.
If a lead reponds to an email I have sent with a specific request, I would like to send that response to my sales team within the email alert. 
(ex. Hello, your email caught my eye and I am very interested in doing business with you. I am particulary interested in your........... plan.) 
The sales rep would then receive, not only an alert with the leads information, but the reponse as well. This way, the sales rep knows what area of business the lead is most interested in and can choose to persue that lead or forward the alert to a more qualified sales rep.
Is there any way to do this?
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Marketo cannot automatically take in email responses and route the data to the correct person.
What you CAN try is adding a Task to the Lead with that response detail.

You could also update a field like "Last Email Response", place it in the lead record and have a trigger that says If Last Email Response changes, send this Sales Alert.

But that's still pretty manual.

Ideally you always direct your lead back to a Form. Your form can have a field like Last Contact Question that can drop in the text to an email like you want as a token: {{lead.Last Contact Question}}

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is, but it's pretty complicated.

Are you using Salesforce with Marketo? If so, you could use their email to case functionality to create a case for each response to a specific inbox, map that case content back to a lead field, then send that lead field in the email alert to your sales reps.

You can also probably do something similar with the help of a developer internally and use Marketo's API to attach email contents to the lead.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Charlie, that's very clever, I never thought of using email-to-case.