SOLVED

Re: Send Gift Card Unique Codes - Giftbit or similar

Go to solution
Simon_Lessard
Level 4

Send Gift Card Unique Codes - Giftbit or similar

I plan to offer gift card incentives to get people to fill out surveys, built in Qualtrics. I was looking to use Giftbit as gift card provider. The expected sequence is

1. Lead fills out survey

2. Marketo sends email with unique info.

Now, here are the things to consider:

• Can get gift cards under the form of unique short URLs of unique codes
  • Can download CSV sheet with codes or urls or get it generated via API (REST)
  • Qualtrics is connected with SFDC. An integration exists but I prefer use a Marketo way.
  • I'm open to other gift card vendors
  • I have access to developers but would prefer to go my own way

Things I have thought but not able to connect dots and make it work:

• Using tokens in email

If you have any ideas, I really want to hear from you

Cheers,

Simon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Justin_Norris1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Simon Lessard​,

I'd definitely suggest a method that allows you to generate the gift code/URL dynamically so you don't need to worry about CSVs all the time.

FYI Launchpoint has a number of integrated vendors available: Marketo LaunchPoint​.

The type of flow I'd look for is one where you can call a webhook to auto-populate the code value in a lead field and then insert that value into the email dynamically. I believe Tango works this way and I suspect others as well.

The flow would be almost identical to what I describe in this blog post about swag automation: Automate Your Swag Marketing with Marketo Webhooks and Printfection

Except instead of getting a URL to redeem swag you'd be inserting the URL to grab the gift card.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

We use Rybbon and love them. You're able to send customized emails using email scripts, which means tokens are A-OK. If you want any specific info, let me know!

Pierce_Ujjainw3
Level 9

I agree with this - many of our clients use them and are really happy with them.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We have used Rybbon as well and have been very happy with them.

Justin_Norris1

Hi Simon Lessard​,

I'd definitely suggest a method that allows you to generate the gift code/URL dynamically so you don't need to worry about CSVs all the time.

FYI Launchpoint has a number of integrated vendors available: Marketo LaunchPoint​.

The type of flow I'd look for is one where you can call a webhook to auto-populate the code value in a lead field and then insert that value into the email dynamically. I believe Tango works this way and I suspect others as well.

The flow would be almost identical to what I describe in this blog post about swag automation: Automate Your Swag Marketing with Marketo Webhooks and Printfection

Except instead of getting a URL to redeem swag you'd be inserting the URL to grab the gift card.

Josh_Hill13

You can also upload or push the value to a Unique URL Field w/ or w/o webhooks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Josh, I saw your response and wanted to ask on how I could push the value into a unique URL field. I have a list of gift card codes, and after someone fills out a survey they'll get an email with the redemption code. But since not everyone will fill out the survey, is there a way to store those values and then one by one as the people fill out the survey, a new code is sent out?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Regan,

I took the liberty to answer your question. Hope you do not mind.

I came across this business situation for a couple of Marketo instances that I worked on. At that time, I created custom web hooks to enable this kind of requirement. Later, I created a set of 'self-serve' web hooks for any one to use. This is one of these 'self-serve' web hooks you can use today. "Next unused promotion code"

Web Hook Library

We will create a custom table to hold your promo codes. The first step for you is to upload a list of promo codes in this table.

Every time this web hook is called from your Marketo instance, the next unused promo code will be fetched and will be tagged with the email address you passed. That way, you can tell what lead have used that promo code.

Once all the promo codes are exhausted, this web hook will return 'No promo code found message'

Thus, in your Marketo program, you can make decisions to assign an unused promo code, to notify that the promo codes are exhausted and to be able to report on which all leads used promo codes etc.

Please let me know if you want to see it in action.

Rajesh

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, for your reply, Rajesh. Is there a cost associated with the webhook creation? I think for this time around, we're just going to do batch campaigns after a few days of the survey completions, uploading the codes into a new field on those contact records.

Anonymous
Not applicable

There are several web-hooks that are 'forever free' there. But for this one, there is a cost involved. Good thing is that for a small price, you get access to 30+ web hooks (and adding). And you can do several neat things in matter of minutes. Things such as 'auto correct names in proper case', 'generate unique code', 'generate QR code' and so on.

Rajesh