SOLVED

Betreff: Send emails to blocked users in batch campaign

Go to solution
anpa7992
Level 2

Send emails to blocked users in batch campaign

Dear Marketo community,

I need to send a campaign to a specific user list. It is a transactional campaign, so it is also supposed to be sent to all users (unsubscribed, bounces, etc.). When I check smart list status (the only criteria is that a user is part of this list, nothing else), half of the users are blocked. My question:

1) Why are they blocked? 

2) Will they still receive the email

3) If not, how can I make sure they receive the email?

anpa7992_0-1645093001783.png

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Yes.

This message "blocked from email" is not ideal. It doesn't account for the fact that the email sent might be operational. It is also displayed if your flow step doesn't even send an email, but e.g. does a Change Data Value. In that case the hint "blocked from email" is useless and even confusing.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Click the link to the blocked people and figure out why they are blocked. I would assume it's due to "Email Invalid = TRUE". If that were the case, you can't send them an email. You'd have remove that flag first.

anpa7992
Level 2

I checked and most of them are unsubscribed - however, I marked the email as operational. Will it then still be sent to those users (eventhough they are shown as blocked)?

Michael_Florin
Level 10

Yes.

This message "blocked from email" is not ideal. It doesn't account for the fact that the email sent might be operational. It is also displayed if your flow step doesn't even send an email, but e.g. does a Change Data Value. In that case the hint "blocked from email" is useless and even confusing.