Send Alert

Digital_OC
Level 2

Send Alert

Hi all,

we have a Marketo licence integrated with SFDC.

We have created a landing page with a form and we would like to send an alert with all the info filled in.

When a field is not filled in, is it possible to write a default blank or "-" in the alert even though the field is already populated in Marketo/SFDC?

Thanks a lot,

Chiara

6 REPLIES 6
Trevor_Parsell
Level 6

Re: Send Alert

Hey Chiara,

The tokens used in the alert email will by default show the value in that field even if it was not updated in the most recent form. Some alternatives could be:

1. Making the field required so it must be updated or confirmed before the form is submitted.

2. Clearing out the old values if they are not needed/relevant so that the alert will show blank if that field is not updated.

What is the field that you want to be blank? Why are the existing values not relevant?

Thanks!

Trevor

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

If the field doesn't have a value, you can do the standard token+default:

{{company.Company Name:default=Not Available}}

which is what I do.

Digital_OC
Level 2

Hi all,

thanks for your suggestions.

I've tried this in my alert:

Notes: {{lead.Contact Extra FIeld 1:default=Not Available}}

I've filled in the form leaving "Notes" blank. This field was already populated for my contact both in SFDC and Marketo.

I've received the alert and the field was populated with the info I have in SF/Marketo.

Is this possible? Have I undersood correctly that if I put this default nothing should appear in the field of the alert?

Thanks a lot,

Chiara

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You haven't cleared the value.

To clear the value you post the reserved string value "NULL". (Which operates mostly like the SQL reserved keyword NULL.)

Digital_OC
Level 2

Hi Sanford,

I can't clear the value in SFDC.

I guess it isn't possible to display a blank field in the alert when in SFDC it is populated.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

How would Marketo know that you want to pretend that a value is blank even though it isn't? If you "can't clear the value in SFDC," yet you want the value synced from SFDC, then it won't stay cleared in Marketo, either.

If you want to manage the form field separately, create a Marketo-only field and conditionally use Change Data Value to manage the synced field.