Re: Segmented content within landing pages but flexible

Anonymous
Not applicable

Segmented content within landing pages but flexible

We are trying to figure out a way to show dynamic content (segmented based on Marketo field values for each user) but.. rather than show an alternate block (or blocks) on the landing page, we would need the segmentation logic to take place within a single block (like HTML for instance).  

The goal:  Include a hide/reveal tab navigation that will have roughly 5-10 tabs (categories).  Once a tab/category is selected, it will show the customer one of two possible versions of content for that category (depending on whether they have a particular field set in Marketo).  We could easily achieve this if ALL of the content for the tabs was for either customer A or customer B but that isn't the case.   The tabbed navigation and content that is populated below it would all have to be within the same block on the page, considering it would most likely be developed using JS and an html list.  

If I was able to use Email Scripting (velocity) within a landing page that would probably work (I would just create if statements for each tab based on field values) but unless I am wrong.. i'm pretty sure those don't render on landing pages?

Any ideas/direction would be appreciated.. if it's even at all possible to achieve the above within a Marketo landing page.
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Easy peasy.  Add a hidden form to the landing page.  Form prefill injects all desired field values into the DOM.  Read values out with JS + apply classes, set element styles, etc.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I appreciate the suggestion, and that would be great if there wasn't a caveat..  the products would have discounted pricing/specials shown to one of the groups and we wouldn't want it accessible to the other group.. so ideally we wouldn't want to have it hidden on the page.. (unless I am misinterpreting what you are suggesting). Thoughts?
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

A lead only gets his/her own data injected into the page. There's no leakage.