Segmentation

Segmentation

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
S_D1
Level 4

Re: Segmentation - Based on activity on emails sent

i Sanford,

I tried using datetime field in segmentation, but it is not helping me much as datetime is blank for the entire database.

Secondly, as you mentioned "

What you'll want to do is manage a static field using a batch campaign, then segment on this field",

I am trying to create following batch campaign - what shall be the flow and how can i segment using the following batch campaign

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

It wouldn't make sense to be able to segment on the absence of activity. 

Segmentations classify leads based on what can be thought of as absolute changes (field values, activity history) not relative or logical conditions that might be surfaced via a Smart List query.

For another relevant case, you can segment on a datetime field being set/changed to be in a specific date range, but not on how far the date is from today (because the value itself does not absolutely change).

What you'll want to do is manage a static field using a batch campaign, then segment on this field.

S_D1
Level 4

i Sanford,

I tried using datetime field in segmentation, but it is not helping me much as datetime is blank for the entire database.

Secondly, as you mentioned "

What you'll want to do is manage a static field using a batch campaign, then segment on this field",

I am trying to create following batch campaign - what shall be the flow and how can i segment using the following batch campaign

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I was explaining that you can segment on any Datetime or Date field by its absolute value, but not by its value relative to today or other logical conditions. Of course you need to have data to segment on.

I am trying to create following batch campaign - what shall be the flow and how can i segment using the following batch campaign.

Capture.PNG

The Flow would be a Change Data Value on whatever field you're using to store whether they have recent activity, like a Boolean field HasRecentActivity.

You also need to make sure that if they aren't in this Smart List, they get the value set back to false (otherwise the old true values will stay in place, which is not what you want). You can run another campaign with the filter

Member of Smart List

┖ Not in Activity date - 90 days

S_D1
Level 4

Thanks Sanford. This works. Great suggestion

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

In addition to Sanford's comment, it's not possible to create segmentations on activity filters. It has to be done on field values.

-Greg