Re: Segment unapprove and edit

Nurture_Ninja
Level 3

Segment unapprove and edit

Help me!! I may have created a blunder. I wanted to make changes to the smart lists in two approved segments for job roles and job levels. Without realizing that I have to create a draft and approve them, I simply unapproved the segments and made edits to the smart lists. I can see that when I edited the smart lists, the number of people in the segment was unaffected.

What do I do now? How do I go from here?

Please help. Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Hey there, I think the situation is not as bad as you fear. My expectation is that when you approve the segmentation again the segments will recalculate based on your new smart list criteria and you're good to go again. The big difference is that, while your segmentation was unapproved, you have not been able to use it, so any smart campaign or dynamic content trying to use it would have failed. Creating a draft will ensure that the original model is still working in the background while you make edits to your draft. Only when you approve the draft will it replace the original one. It's much the same as how it works with an email or landing page.

Nurture_Ninja
Level 3

Thank you. I have now approved it.