Re: Seeking Recommendations - Hosting site for Discount codes

Patrick_Vesely
Level 2

Seeking Recommendations - Hosting site for Discount codes

Hello Everyone, 

We are looking to web platforms to host Discount codes where we can use a webhook to pull the discount code and add it to a person's Marketo instance.   Any recommendations that I can look at.  

The flow that we would like:

1.  Person fills out a Marketo Form 

2.  Person is created or updated in Marketo 

3.  Webhook grabs a discount code from platform and add's it to the person's instance

4.  Send a kickback email with the discount code added (through tokens) 

If any one has any additional suggestions, love to hear

Thank you

Patrick Vesely
5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

What do you want to do with the discount code? Is it actually going to be applied to a shopping cart - and what cart platform?

Patrick_Vesely
Level 2

hi @SanfordWhiteman 

We are going to be using these discount codes for discount on our hardware.

It will be 1 code for 1 person.  We have a team creating a list of codes for our internal cart platform - I am not sure what the shopping cart that we use

Patrick Vesely
SanfordWhiteman

But... if the code actually needs to be applied to an order, then it needs to be something the shopping cart software understands.

I could tell you how to generate a code like ABD-189-ZE3-908 (and not even using an external service!) that can be tied directly back to a single lead. But if the end user can't click Apply Discount Code and have it affect the total $, that doesn't really suffice.

See what I'm saying?

Patrick_Vesely
Level 2

Yes, I totally understand.

When someone signs up to be a user, there is a checkout process that includes adding hardware to their shopping cart.  in the flow, there is section to apply the promo code.  

these promo codes would be created by one of our Product Marketing teams.  Ideally, they would give me a list of promo codes and when someone fills out a Marketo form, a webhook would pull from the top of the list and associate with the person fills out the form.  We can then email the person the promo code.

Patrick Vesely
SanfordWhiteman

OK, as long as the keys are also known to the ecommerce side, this makes sense.

So: due to forum rules I can't recommend a specific solution.  But certainly a general-purpose webhook-based service can pop an entry off a CSV and maintain a counter (index) to the last position.  It doesn't have to care about whether the things it's counting are discount codes or any other countable.