Re: Seed List and Communication Limits

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seed List and Communication Limits

My own email address hit the max communition limit this week, when I added myself to receive our email campaigns.  We had many targeted emails that went out, and because there were so many in a short timeframe, I stopped receiving them.  It looks like a few other people have had this issue with no resolution.  Any thoughts on how to address this issue?

When will I start receiving emails again?  We have many more campaigns going out; is the max cap on a rolling basis, or does it just reset after a calendar date?
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Runjini,
Communication limits are on a rolling basis, and not calendar days. 

If you have a seed list that has reached its communication limits, I would suggest to send a sample email to this list. You can copy and paste the email addresses all at once into the "Send To" list while sending a sample. This addresses can be easily selected again for future sends via the "Chose previous address" dropdown.

Will

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Will.

I send samples all the time a campaign is finalized.  I want to be able to redeive an actual deployment without the word "Test" in the subject line, with every email campaign we do.  It looks like the answer is no.
Anonymous
Not applicable

At this time, communication limit preferences on a lead-by-lead basis is not available, but I agree would be a useful feature.

In the meantime, a work around would be to create another Smart Campaign that sends the email to the seed list that is seperate from the main campaign. You could set this Smart Campaign to ignore communicaiton limits.

Best,
Will
Jenny_Robertso7
Level 5 - Champion

Here is an idea you can vote for to exclude Marketo admins/users/etc from communication limits:  https://community.marketo.com/MarketoIdeaDetail?id=08750000000K1h3AAC
Jenny Robertson