SOLVED

Re: Secure form hosting

Go to solution
Joshenser
Level 2

Secure form hosting

Hi All,

I am looking for somewhere to host a secure form. The form I am looking to build will trigger an email, based on the input.

I.e. (basic explanation).

Reciever email address:

Email line 1:

Email line 2: 

Email line 3:

Email from address:

Once this form is complete, it will build the email based on the tokens and send the email to the inputted address. 

Now, hosting this form on a Marketo landing page means that if someone in the 'outside world' were to get hold of the URL they would equally be able to trigger an email from myself. I understand you can Noindex and Nofollow the web page, but if for whatever reason they got hold of the URL, it's still a risk.

Is there an option with a Marketo flow to trigger some sort of authorisation once an email is built. I.e. the email 'sender' receives an email with the preview of it and the ability to click a button to release it. 

Or is there a more secure way to lockdown a marketo landing page.

Are you able to use the form on a Marketo landing page which is not live, in theory restricting the page just to a user who is logged into the system?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

What's the exact use case for this, and are you authorized to send emails from the email domains that people would submit in the form? Also, this appears to be more of an internal-only-use page and form. I understand your concern regarding people making phony form submissions, but on the other hand, there's a high chance that you'd end up with soft bounces for a lot of recipients, in case the email in the Email From Addresses field has a domain that isn't consistent with your DMARC policy (for the recipients whose DMARC policy for the domain is set to Reject). DMARC requires domain alignment, which means the "From" domain in the email header must align with the domain used for SPF and DKIM. If these domains do not align, it can lead to DMARC failure, causing email delivery issues.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Joshenser
Level 2

By the authorsation I mean this as a security measure, so if someone were to fill out the form that shouldn't do so. I'd be able to stop the email from being sent, and would get eyes on anyone filling out the form. 

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

What's the exact use case for this, and are you authorized to send emails from the email domains that people would submit in the form? Also, this appears to be more of an internal-only-use page and form. I understand your concern regarding people making phony form submissions, but on the other hand, there's a high chance that you'd end up with soft bounces for a lot of recipients, in case the email in the Email From Addresses field has a domain that isn't consistent with your DMARC policy (for the recipients whose DMARC policy for the domain is set to Reject). DMARC requires domain alignment, which means the "From" domain in the email header must align with the domain used for SPF and DKIM. If these domains do not align, it can lead to DMARC failure, causing email delivery issues.