Re: Scoring Persons/Leads by Demographic Values - Can't Activate

Liz_Krause
Level 2

Scoring Persons/Leads by Demographic Values - Can't Activate

Hello,

I'm fairly new to Marketo.  Trying to setup Scoring.  We do not have Sales Insights or Salesforce.    

I have an OP - Scoring - Demographic Program, but since it's based on demographics and not an action, I cannot use the Trigger for the Smart List step.   It does not give me an option for Activating this Smart Campaign.    

What I did in the meantime is to create triggers based off of Data Value Change.  However, since the data is already in Marketo, data such as Number of Employees or State will never "change" value since it exists already.  I'd like to run scoring on existing persons in the database, or at least on those in my recent email campaigns. 

Any suggestions?   

1. How to activate a Smart Campaign that is using filters not triggers for Demographic scoring

2. how to use Triggers (if that's the only way) on Data value Change when the data value already exists in the field. 

Thanks. 

Liz

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

1. How to activate a Smart Campaign that is using filters not triggers for Demographic scoring

You don't activate it. You run it now and/or schedule it, since it's in batch mode. Smart Campaigns are classified as batch SCs or trigger(ed) SCs.

You haven't provided enough information about your scoring criteria for us to know whether it's better suited for batch or trigger modes. Note the initial setting of a field always corresponds to a triggerable action (such as Lead/Person Was Created or Change Data Value) and later changes always correspond to a Change Data Value. So it's not really true that there's no action involved, even if it isn't an action like Clicked Link on Web Page.

Liz_Krause
Level 2

My Demographic scoring is based on US State, Person Source, Role, JobTitle, Industry and # of Employees. I imported previous contacts into the db and want to have specific imported Lists updated. However, I have other Lists I will be importing later along with form leads I'm going to setup/integrate. 

Sounds like what I need is to do Batch SCs that run daily or weekly?