SOLVED

Re: Scoring based on offer/content

Go to solution
rtrose
Level 1

Scoring based on offer/content

Hello - I am wondering if anyone has setup scoring programs in Marketo not only based on actions of people, but also based on the offer/content their interacting with? For example, scoring the filling out of a form is fine, but I would suggest it's more relevant to score based on the content/offer behind the form. Completion of a bottom of the funnel "contact us" form is more valuable than a top of the funnel "ebook" form. 

I've been away from Marketo for awhile and when I came back this was something I was hoping to implement. I was hoping to use program tags to indicate what score someone would receive when they reach success in the program. Every program would have a tag (BoFu, MoFu, ToFu). If success was reached in a program, depending on the tag it would receive a corresponding score. However, while testing I learned you cannot use tags in logic. The only other semi-scalable way I can think of doing something like this is by naming convention, but I think this will be error prone.

Curious if anyone else has done something like this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

I have indeed and based on naming conventions. But I do have to agree it is errorprone.

I have used it in both scoring different forms at different Values (so in your example the form name should have "BoFu", "MoFu" or "ToFu" in the form name) and with interest scoring (so keeping a separate score depending on the topic of the program, website, etc.).

In both cases it does help to use example programs and/or standard forms that users can clone from. Having the designation already standardized in the source helps people adjust the program-specific part of the name rather than invent a completely new one.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

I have indeed and based on naming conventions. But I do have to agree it is errorprone.

I have used it in both scoring different forms at different Values (so in your example the form name should have "BoFu", "MoFu" or "ToFu" in the form name) and with interest scoring (so keeping a separate score depending on the topic of the program, website, etc.).

In both cases it does help to use example programs and/or standard forms that users can clone from. Having the designation already standardized in the source helps people adjust the program-specific part of the name rather than invent a completely new one.

rtrose
Level 1

Thanks for the reply - glad to hear someone else has tried it and it's not the worst idea 🙂