Re: Schedule Campaign to Run on the Last X of Every Month

Anonymous
Not applicable

Schedule Campaign to Run on the Last X of Every Month

I am trying to schedule a smart campaign that will run on the last Friday of every month.

The Schedule Recurrence options only list first/second/third/fourth but the last Friday could potentially be the fifth Friday.

Has anyone figured out how to do this?

3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Liz,

I would use a webhook to compute the data at the beginning of the month, add the date to a lead field ()name that field NextLastFriday for instance) and wait until {{lead.NextLastFriday}}

-Greg

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

There are some web services out there that can compute this and push the "Next Last Friday" date back to Marketo. look at:

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Thanks Greg​. I cheerlead for FlowBoost* but I really don't think any of the webhook- or REST-based engines are a good fit for this. I wouldn't use it -- and I say this as someone who tries to shoehorn FB in into any situation I can.

Since it's not actually a lead-specific field, I'd do a single API call once a month to update a date {{my.token}}. More efficient, less intrusive, win all around.

And also, ultimately, this is a bug -- there's no reason for the 5th Friday to not be an option in the UI, since that's how the real calendar works. Should be an Idea and support case.

* lastNdayOfMonth().Friday is how you do it in FB.