Re: Salesforce Wave Analytics with Marketo?

Colin_Campbel
Level 2

Salesforce Wave Analytics with Marketo?

I am curious if anyone has linked Marketo with Salesforce Wave Analytics.

What kind of data are you able to gather when linking Marketo to Salesforce Wave? This is a very broad question so feel free to go on a tangent!

If you haven't used Salesforce Wave, potentially how you have used Marketo with other BI or data visualization tools (like Domo, Birst, Looker, etc..)

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Colin,

I have no experience with this, but I can tell you that you should move your question to products if you expect an answer.

Champions program group is for questions bout the Champions program and very few people will be notified of your question.

-Greg

Colin_Campbel
Level 2

Thanks Greg!

Neil_Robertson6
Level 5

We haven't use it with Wave but we do use it with Tableau.  Wave is fairly restricted in it use tbh - what we do is fire it into into DW using SSIS (Leads, Activities etc) and mine it that way - far quicker and more efficient.

Colin_Campbel
Level 2

So lead/activity data. Anything else?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Colin,

IMHO, lead / activity is a lot already There are about 70 different standard activity types, on top of which you may have some custom ones.

But of course, you would need to pull out all lead and company details.

There is also all program membership data.

The last thing you may want to pull out are related custom objects and opportunity data.

-Greg

Neil_Robertson6
Level 5

Around 30 Activity Type (our leads are in Salesforce already and we link via ID)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, Neil. It sounds like you're doing more with Tableau-Marketo than most people. Any chance you'd be willing to share some more details in this forum or another?

Rachit_Puri2
Level 7

Hi Gabriel

We have created many custom dashboards using Marketo and Tableau. Let me know if you would like to see some examples. PM me and I can send some of the screenshots.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Rachit

I am very interested to see how you integrate to Tableau and show the activity in reports

ie which tables, what kind of joins did you do in Tableau.

Did you report against Mailing, Campaign and Program Name ?

Was there any documentation you could point to?