SOLVED

Salesforce-to-Salesforce Record Sharing + Marketo

Go to solution
Casey_Grimes
Level 10

Salesforce-to-Salesforce Record Sharing + Marketo

I'm looking at opening up a Salesforce to Salesforce connection to share a selected subset of records between two Salesforce deployments within the same company—but one of my primary outcomes is to enable these shared records to enter the Marketo ecosystem, since one of the two orgs has an active Marketo deployment. The Marketo-connected Salesforce org would be the master in the relationship. When such records are shared, does this cause any issues with those records being in Marketo as well? In theory it seems like it should be a non-issue, but I was curious if there are any gotchas to watch out for.

For the record, the Salesforce org that is not currently connected to Marketo/the child org would not need MSI.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Salesforce-to-Salesforce Record Sharing + Marketo

Hi Courtney,

We have rolled out SFDC2SFDC a couple of years ago. It was not in a Marketo enabled environment, but as far as I remember, there were no change to the lead or contact objects that would have caused an issue with a Marketo connector.

So, this is a non issue there, AFAIK.

On the contrary, you may even be able to detect automatically from Marketo which leads are shared and which are not, and use it for targeting

-Greg

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Courtney,

We have rolled out SFDC2SFDC a couple of years ago. It was not in a Marketo enabled environment, but as far as I remember, there were no change to the lead or contact objects that would have caused an issue with a Marketo connector.

So, this is a non issue there, AFAIK.

On the contrary, you may even be able to detect automatically from Marketo which leads are shared and which are not, and use it for targeting

-Greg

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

If the Marketo User can see the records in the synced SFDC org, then Marketo can get those records.