Re: SalesForce Sync Warning-Field Management

Anonymous
Not applicable

SalesForce Sync Warning-Field Management

I received the below notification/error in my Marketo box and wanted to know the best way to handle it. Would I delete the "competitors" field that I have an add a new custom field called "competition/opportunity' that is a string? I don't want to mess any previous data up.
Thanks!

pastedImage_1.png

3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Erica,

What is the change you have done in Salesforce? If you have changed a picklist into a text field, no problem. If you have changed a boolean into a text field, that will be a problem and you should undo this, then create a new field.

At the end of the day, you will have to look at the field type in Marketo and the field type in SFDC and check whether or not they are compatible.

In the future, know that if you create a new field in SFDC and want to discard another one, you just can hide it in Marketo.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Gregoire,

I actually did not make the change. Someone from our sales team apparently did. They said that they changed it to "competition" and made it a picklist.

What do you suggest I do in Marketo to resolve the issue so everything syncs correctly?

Thank you!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Erica,

As I said, revert the field to it's previous name and type, then create a new one.

And forbid people to make such changes to your data schema

-Greg