Salesforce Sync Error: No XML Document Error

nzegarra98
Level 1

Salesforce Sync Error: No XML Document Error

Hello, 

I received a Marketo Salesforce Sync Error that myself and my team are not familiar with. The error is as follows:

Screenshot 2023-06-23 084217.png

I was able to find one post about something close to this error, but their issue was with a specific to a lead sync issue, based on a problematic character. You can find that thread here: https://nation.marketo.com/t5/product-discussions/lead-sync-error/td-p/64235

I have ran a test and can see that we are syncing new and existing leads with no issue. I was wondering if anyone is familiar with this lead, and if any action is even needed. 

Thanks!

Tags (3)
12 REPLIES 12
sydneym_airtabl
Level 1

Re: Salesforce Sync Error: No XML Document Error

I am seeing this regularly as well. Not sure how to resolve. It just started in July 2023.

Tina_Chang
Level 1

same here, started seeing this error 3 times now since July, 2023. Is it something in Salesforce summer release that causes the error?

I am the Salesforce Admin. I created some new flows but nothing related to sending XML documents. 

I submitted a case to Marketo and techsupport said nothing she could find and everything looks okay. But then two days later, I got the error again.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

@Tina_Chang wrote:

same here, started seeing this error 3 times now since July, 2023. Is it something in Salesforce summer release that causes the error?

I am the Salesforce Admin. I created some new flows but nothing related to sending XML documents. 

I submitted a case to Marketo and techsupport said nothing she could find and everything looks okay. But then two days later, I got the error again.

As noted above, you can’t send custom XML documents. Every valid response to a SOAP API call is an XML document. Most likely your flow is erroring out so an empty body is being sent.

Burns7227
Level 1

Hey Sanford, trying to understand a bit more here, are you saying marketo is sending a SOAP API Call, the valid response from SFDC would be an XML Document, which it isn't sending, therefore there is a failed sync between Marketo & SFDC?

SanfordWhiteman

Hey Sanford, trying to understand a bit more here, are you saying marketo is sending a SOAP API Call, the valid response from SFDC would be an XML Document, which it isn't sending, therefore there is a failed sync between Marketo & SFDC?

Yes, for example if some SFDC automation fails completely, the response body might be simple text, JSON or even empty, none of which are valid XML.

It’s unlikely you’d have a partially-formed-but-invalid XML response — more like it’s not even close to XML because an internal error occurred.

Burns7227
Level 1

Got it, thanks for the reply. So best case scenario is to check any automation on the sfdc side relative to any records sent over around that time?

SanfordWhiteman

Right.

AjayS
Level 4 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Hi, @nzegarra98 

Can you please check with your Salesforce admin if there is a listener process/workflow/Apex-Trigger through which some custom code from Salesforce sends an XML document? I think the process/flow/Apex-Trigger is failing for some reason on Salesforce. If there is an automation on Salesforce, please check if this is working well.

SanfordWhiteman

Can you please check with your Salesforce admin if there is a listener process/workflow/Apex-Trigger through which some custom code from Salesforce sends an XML document?

You can’t craft a custom XML document this way. But all responses from the Salesforce SOAP API are XML, by definition.