Re: Salesforce - Storing & Organizing Captured Lead Information

Anonymous
Not applicable

Salesforce - Storing & Organizing Captured Lead Information

We have a number of services that our company provides. Each unique discipline has its own set of questions we like to ask on lead capture forms. When you add up all of those questions, there are a lot. If I store all of those in the lead/contact page layout of Salesforce, it can take up a lot of real estate. How have other people handled this so that sales personnel can gain access to this data quickly, without having to see a wildly large screen filled with information in a SFDC record?

Thanks, Alex

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

If you do not need granular access to those fields on the Marketo side, consider having one set of generic question fields, with labels/placeholders customized for every form, and storing the entire form in one Marketo textarea field as a JSON object.  Then this textarea field gets synced to SFDC longtext where your SFDC admin can parse all the fields out and decide what fields to expose and how.

Of course, even with one-to-one field sync, SFDC doesn't have to show individual fields, either.  It's really a question of SFDC form design.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Jason,

how do you store the entire form in 1 text area field ?

-Greg

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Start with something like this: MktoForms2 :: Form to FlashJSON

You can get way more crafty but this'll give you an idea.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Alex,

You may like this idea :

- Greg

Caryl_Mostacho
Level 7 - Champion Alumni

Hello Alex Buckles

Is it the same group of people looking for the same data? Often you can determine what a Salesforce user can see by taking advantage of Page Layouts in Salesforce so this might be one way to only show relevant information to the user that is looking at the record.  All the data is still captured, just not shown on every user profile

You could also, using Marketo, create a Salesforce Task that grabs all of this data, or relevant data into an open task assigned to the user.

Create Task - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for your comments. We need to expose all of these fields in SFDC for our sales folks. I was hoping there was a better way to display all of these fields in a non-intrusive way. All of these suggestions have been great so far. It seems like the best option is to force the user to view the lead record in Marketo if they want all of this additional information. I will still have the database fields in SFDC, but I won't include them in the page layout. Once they view the lead record in Marketo, they can then view all of this in the "SFDC Custom Fields". I wish I could organize this page to make it look nicer though.

This obviously isn't the best user experience, but our COO doesn't want all of this buried in a page layout. Caryl Mostacho​ - Every sales person would need this, so I can't use different page layouts, plus we're only on the professional edition of SFDC, which doesn't allow for multiple page layouts.