Re: Salesforce Campaign Trigger with Filters

Anonymous
Not applicable

Salesforce Campaign Trigger with Filters

I'm trying to create a program that triggers an email once a lead is uploaded to a SF Campaign but also is filtered through an excluded list within Marketo. For some reason the filter is not working AT ALL. Do the triggers associated with Salesforce react differently alongside Marketo? Or does this sound like a glitch in Marketo?

Extremely frustrating.....
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you tell me what is in your filter/trigger? This should absolutely work fine. You might want to consider reaching out to support as well.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I suspect you are filtering too well. Your trigger should be

Trigger: Added to SFDC Campaign IS "X" with Status "Y"
Filter=Member of List NOT IN "Exclusion"

Normally there is a delay between SFDC and Marketo of about 5 minutes.

Are you uploading the leads to SFDC or to Marketo first? Are you sure the leads you tested are in the Exclusion list?
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is set up like this:

Trigger - Added to SFDC Campaign --> Campaign is X
Filter - Member of Smart LIst --> Lead not in X AND
           Email opt out --> false.

It's a simple set up that I too think should be working fine.

Josh H - the leads that I were testing were pulled directly from the exclusion list and yes I am uploading the leads directly to the SF campaign. Does having the status on the trigger matter? Any lead loaded to the campaign should be triggered through the program, their statuses is irrevalent. 

Thanks for your help everyone!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are the leads being "Added to the SFDC Campaign" or is the Status being updated so the trigger should be "Change Status in SFDC Campaign" trigger? 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Support is good at looking at specific cases, and might be better than banging your head against it.

That said, I usually troubleshoot this kind of thing by looking at an individual lead I think should have been triggered. Then, go to the Activity Log and look for the activity you're hoping to find and make sure it happened. Also make sure there isn't some other filter.

Sheila's suggestion is a good one too- it is a different activity in that case.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

It sounds like you need to create a lead that would go through your smart list - one that is NOT in your exclusion list. It seems your leads are getting blocked as intended because you are using the wrong leads.

Agree with Erik R on troubleshooting.