SOLVED

Re: Salesforce Campaign sync to Marketo

Go to solution
Sukumar_Salla
Level 1

Salesforce Campaign sync to Marketo

I am a salesforce dev new to Marketo. I want to know if I can sync a salesforce campaign to Marketo ( creating a new program/ campaign in Marketo).

If not, what are other possibilities to achieve this?

Does Marketo provide any REST / SOAP API's to create a campaign in Marketo? 

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Due to community rules, I can’t go step-by-step.

But broadly speaking, the webhook-compatible service needs to

• get an SFDC API session token (the service can log in to SFDC w/the same account Marketo uses)
  • get the Campaign Member record’s ID, using SOQL to look up by SFDC Campaign ID (which can be stored in a {{my.token}}) and the {{lead.SFDC Id}}
  • once you have the ID, set the Campaign Member fields on that CM record

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
SanfordWhiteman

The Marketo Program-SFDC Campaign sync is a built-in feature of Marketo, and it's widely used and extremely powerful.

Marketo can create the linked SFDC campaign, but not vice versa.

There's no Marketo API endpoint that can duplicate this functionality, but I'd advise you to stick with the tried-and-true method trusted by every SFDC & Marketo customer.

JulieLeo
Level 1

@SanfordWhiteman 

Hi Sanford, Since it's been a 1yr + since commenting on this thread, are you still seeing the Salesforce Campaign Sync feature as reliable and good method to sync records to a SFDC campaign?  Do you use this feature in systems with SFDC sync errors as well?

Thanks!

Julie Leo
SanfordWhiteman

Yes, I feel the same way as ever!
Jaredjo02
Level 2

Hi, glad to see this thread still. We are in the middle of a migration to Marketo and just successfully set up a sync between a test Marketo program and a Salesforce campaign and it seems like it will be very valuable - the program statuses took some time to update but did come over.

Now I am wondering if there is a way to automate certain recurring (and required) fields that are on our SFDC campaign - via smart campaign or anything else. Or do we always have to go back into the SFDC campaign and manually update them?  For example, one out of the box, not ours is "Planned" to Active. Others are our custom ones such as Attribution.  They are quick updates but just trying to see how much we can automate.  Thanks! 

SanfordWhiteman

There’s no way to change Campaign fields from Marketo natively — although you could call a webhook from Marketo to do so.

Jaredjo02
Level 2

Thank you Sanford, do you have any further details on doing this? I have limited experience on setting up webhooks, have done a few with step by step instructions.

SanfordWhiteman

Due to community rules, I can’t go step-by-step.

But broadly speaking, the webhook-compatible service needs to

• get an SFDC API session token (the service can log in to SFDC w/the same account Marketo uses)
  • get the Campaign Member record’s ID, using SOQL to look up by SFDC Campaign ID (which can be stored in a {{my.token}}) and the {{lead.SFDC Id}}
  • once you have the ID, set the Campaign Member fields on that CM record
Jaredjo02
Level 2

Thanks, I will work with my Salesforce Admin.