SOLVED

Re: Salesforce Campaign Sync in Multiple Programs

Go to solution
Phillip_Wild
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Salesforce Campaign Sync in Multiple Programs

Hey team

I know that within the "Setup" tab of a program in Marketo you can sync with a Salesforce Campaign. What I'm wondering is - does Marketo enforce a 1:1 relationship here? Or could I sync multiple programs in Marketo with the same SF Campaign?

Additionally, if there is any documentation on how this sync works that would be good. We use Salesforce Campaigns in Marketo as flow steps, but haven't synced it through the Setup tab yet. Does that allow members to flow between the two automatically? Or is it simply for costs?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes, it is 1:1. It will throw an error if you try to associate it to another Program. It is generally best practice to NOT do this due to the impact it can have on Lead Lifecycle reporting. If you need to Add to SFDC Campaign, just use a flow step in the places you want.

Sync information is on docs.marketo.com and is fairly detailed now. There is a flow step glossary on there and on my site. marketingrockstarguides.com.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes, it is 1:1. It will throw an error if you try to associate it to another Program. It is generally best practice to NOT do this due to the impact it can have on Lead Lifecycle reporting. If you need to Add to SFDC Campaign, just use a flow step in the places you want.

Sync information is on docs.marketo.com and is fairly detailed now. There is a flow step glossary on there and on my site. marketingrockstarguides.com.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh,

I tried to use a flow step to add whitepaper downloads to a SFDC campaign, but I'm getting this:

Skipped execution due to that the SFDC campaign {Website - White Paper - xxxxxxx} was linked with a program

The SFDC is already synced to another MKTO program (channel = website), so is manually adding through a flow step not possible in this case?

Thanks,

Robin

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Robin,

No, it's not. You will have to add the person to the program with a change program status flow step instead. As the SFDC campaign and the program are sync'ed, adding a person the the SFDC campaign would add it to the program anyway.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Greg! That worked perfectly.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Robin Izsak ,

You are welcome.

Pls mark the question as answered

-Greg