Sales Owner Fields?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sales Owner Fields?

I have seen lots of threads about this but haven't been able to find an answer. In Marketo, I ONLY have account owner and "sales owner" fields, no "lead owner." The sales owner fields don't seem to be syncing to anything (lead OR contact owner). Ideas?

Tags (2)
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sales Owner Fields?

Just an FYI here, I've seen variations of this.  Perhaps it's a subscription thing?

What I can tell you though is that if you're looking at field management to see what the mappings are, you won't see anything here.  These are system managed fields and the mapping is performed and managed by the system.

The best way for you find the answer to your question is to test it out.  Change owners on your CRM and see what syncs down.  Use the Change Owner flow action in Marketo and see if it works and see what syncs up to your CRM.

Tim_Langlois1
Level 4

Jim is correct, "Sales Owner" is the name of the lead/contact owner fields reserved for CRM integrations. In newer instances "Sales Owner" fields have replaced "Lead Owner" fields."Account Owner" is the same. 

If you've synced to Salesforce or Dynamics, you can used the "Sales Owner" fields as tokens to personalize an email  from a rep or to send alerts to the lead or contact owner.

If you have a custom integration, you are able to use the API to populated those fields.

If you aren't synced to a CRM and are standalone, then you won't be able to use those fields since they're "reserved" for integrations. In that case you'll want to create your own custom fields to personalize by lead/contact/sales owner and if you're sending alerts you'll use the "None" option and send to an email address you enter in the other emails field.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm up-to-date and fully synced up with Salesforce. Sales Owner works for

personalization with tokens but not in workflows (e.g., using Sales Owner

as filter in a campaign) - any ideas?

On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 2:15 PM, Tim Langlois <marketingnation@marketo.com>

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you describe how it's not working? EG. How are you using it? What's not working about it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am doing a campaign where I want to trigger a basic email to a Contact

based on two criteria - 1) data value changing 2) "Sales Owner" = Veronica

(success manager). When I remove #2, the campaign works. When I have it in,

it doesn't. It is set to All filters.

On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 2:50 PM, Jim Thao <marketingnation@marketo.com>

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do any records in your system have a value for "Sales Owner" = Veronica? Check for that first. 

If there are no records in your system with that value, check your CRM to see which lead has that value.  Then, go to that lead in Marketo to see if that lead has that value.  If the data doesn't match up, then that means there is something wrong with the field sync. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. She owns almost every record in Salesforce

Data doesn't match up. How do I check the field sync?

Sent from my iPhone

Tim_Langlois1
Level 4

I would start by making a standalone smart list. Use the "Sales Owner First Name" filter with operator and value of "is Veronica".

Then see how many people the smart list returns.

In your smart list view, add all the fields that start with "Sales Owner..." e.g. Sales Owner First Name, Sales Owner Last Name etc.

After you do that feel free to paste the screenshot in this thread (you may want to blur/black out any customer info.)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Two things that I suggest you do in terms of troubleshooting. 

1. Log into SFDC directly with the Marketo sync user that you set.  Then go to one of the affected records and see if you can perform any CRUD process on that record for the Owner field.  If you can't do this, that means you do not have permissions to this field.  You will need to talk to your SFDC admin and get assistance.  If you can, that means that there is something wrong with your sync.  You may want to contact support if you're not familiar with self troubleshooting like checking notifications or Admin>Salesforce to see if there are any error messages there. 

2. Create a test record in SFDC and ensure that it has an owner before it syncs down to Marketo.  Let that record sync down to Marketo and see if the owner syncs down with it.  If no owner syncs down with it, you likely have a permissions issue, otherwise, everything is good and there is something else that is wrong.  

Quick question, are you using Queues instead of actual owners?  If so, what you're seeing is expected.  Marketo does not see Queues and therefore all your owner fields will be empty.