Sales Insights

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sales Insights

Hi, We currently use sales insights for our sales team to send out personalised emails to their clients.

The process is that Marketing will set up the emails in the design studio and mark them as operational, sales will then select the email and send to their clients.

My question: If a lead is marked as unsubscribe in the database will Marketo block this from sending through sales insight even though we have selected the operational email. When we look at the confirmation of send for all clients that have been sent the email it appears that any client who has clicked unsubscribe hasn't received the email, or it doesn't appear in the log.

We need to understand why the client either isn't receiving it even though it has been marked as operational OR are they receiving it and if so why is it not registering in the activity log.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks

Alicia

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Chris_Johnston
Level 8

Re: Sales Insights

I am not sure that anyone will be able to help you, I have talked to everyone in my office and nobody actually knew the answer as this is something nobody should try. Everyone agreed this is 100% not the way operational e-mails are supposed to work. Operational e-mails should be used to report outages or other items that affect the operation, not to get around the fact that your clients have chosen to not receive sales e-mails from you. I'd imagine this could get you in some hot water in various jurisdictions which is why I suspect that Marketo is not allowing operational e-mails through sales insights.

Sara_Greaves
Level 5

It sounds like other people have had the same question. I found this discussion that should be able to help you with understanding the process:

How Does Marketo Decide Whether a Lead Should Receive Email or Not?

Hopefully this helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

In the comments of Sara Greaves​ link there is a link that may solve your problems: Configure Unsubscribe Footers in Marketo Sales Insight - Marketo Docs - Product Docs