Re: Sales Insight Custom Views - Relative Dates?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sales Insight Custom Views - Relative Dates?

Is there a way to use relative dates in Sales Insight custom views?

For example, to add conditions like: "in the past 7 days" or "today" or "this month"?
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

I odn't thnk it's poosible in the Sales insight custom views I'm afraid. Might be a good one to add as an Idea.

You can add the stars and flames to a normal list view in SFDC and in the filters in there I Salesforce accepts what you are looking for.

Grant_Booth
Level 10

The thing is that custom views filter based on field values in SFDC, so you can't filter based on activities which exist strictly in Marketo (such as when you use a date of activity constraint on a Data Value Changed filter in a smart list).
If you're filtering based on a date field, you should be able to use the greater than or less than operators to indicate after or before a specific date, but it's not set up to filter based on specific activities in a contact's SFDC activity history.

I hadn't considered adding the stars and flames to another list view - I'll have to try it out 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Grant. But we can't even do relative dates based on SFDC fields.

An example would be something like:
  • Latest Interesting Moment Description contains "TRIAL"
  • Latest Interesting Moment Date is in the last 7 days

This is a very reasonable search to try to present to our sales team, and the data is in SFDC fields. Yes, we can try to build it in a lead view or report, but then we're pushing them away from Sales Insight just as we're trying to get them to use it. Seems less than optimal.

What I'm hearing is that my solution is to cancel our Sales Insight licenses and just roll our own.