SOLVED

Sales Email Smart Campaigns - Activity Remove From Flow

Go to solution
Matt_Lyman
Level 2

Sales Email Smart Campaigns - Activity Remove From Flow

Hi everyone,

We are using a few smart campaigns to allow sales some standardized engagement programs. We are doing smart campaigns instead of engagement campaigns because we have different time frames between each activity. They look something like this:

• Email 1 / Task 2 created
  • Wait 1 day
  • Email 2 / Task 3 created
  • Wait 2 days
  • Email 3 / Task 4 created
  • Wait 3 days
  • Email 4 / Change status to nurture

My questions are this:

1. How do I go about removing from this process? Our sales activities created in the steps above have a standard subject line containing [sales outreach] so I could use an activity logged not containing [sales outreach] status, but that might catch ANY activity in there.

2. Would it be better to use engagement programs for this and make each of the email / task steps their own stream, allowing me to do the wait steps in between? Still, how would you recommend I kick it out of the stream.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Sales Email Smart Campaigns - Activity Remove From Flow

No, Engagements will not help you here.

Are you saying that you want to remove a lead from this flow if the Salesperson logs an Activity?

You should create a sister campaign that listens for

Member of Campaign 1 AND Activity is Logged trigger > Remove from Flow in Campaign 1.

you could also run a smart list and put it in Campaign 1 with Remove From Flow after every Wait step. Option 1 may work better.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Josh_Hill13

No, Engagements will not help you here.

Are you saying that you want to remove a lead from this flow if the Salesperson logs an Activity?

You should create a sister campaign that listens for

Member of Campaign 1 AND Activity is Logged trigger > Remove from Flow in Campaign 1.

you could also run a smart list and put it in Campaign 1 with Remove From Flow after every Wait step. Option 1 may work better.

Matt_Lyman
Level 2

Thanks. And with a trigger it will capture new work. I will work through

this. Thanks!

On Mon, May 2, 2016 at 9:00 PM, Josh Hill <marketingnation@marketo.com>

Matt_Lyman
Level 2

We are going to try this, but the overall removal feels pretty brittle - we may work with sales to ask for a field to be populated.

Josh_Hill13

I don't like to use Activity Task triggers because they are hard to control. I'd use a field that already exists that Sales is using like Lead Status or some other indicator.

Matt_Lyman
Level 2

We are in agreement on that. Trying to identify the best way on our end

with our sales team

On Tue, May 3, 2016 at 10:55 AM, Josh Hill <marketingnation@marketo.com>

Matt_Lyman
Level 2

Thanks to everyone for your comments. We had it working pretty darn will using lead status in SFDC as a trigger. Thanks again.