SOLVED

Re: Safe to change channel's status step values?

Go to solution
Marc_Asmus
Level 3

Safe to change channel's status step values?

I'm using a "Live Event" channel with statuses as shown below. I have a number of active programs using this channel.

pastedImage_0.png

Because people who register for our live events sometimes later inform us that they will not attend, I want to be able to move people from the "Registered" status to the "Will Not Attend" status. I currently cannot do this because Marketo only allows people to progress to statuses with an equal or higher step value.

To remedy, I'm considering changing the step value of the "Will Not Attend" to 20, so that it is equal to that of "Registered". My understanding is that this will allow me move people between the two statuses with equal step values.

Question: Is it safe for me to make this change given that I have active programs using this channel? What negative impacts might I need to be wary of?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SydneyMulligan
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes this is safe! As long as your don't change the actual LABELS, just change the step values, this will work as you are describing.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SydneyMulligan

Yes this is safe! As long as your don't change the actual LABELS, just change the step values, this will work as you are describing.

Josh_Hill13

Yes!

But question - how will you use the Will Not Attend vs. No Show in this case? What happens Post Show?

Registered->> No Show or Attended

Will Not Attend >>> does this move or matter after the event to you?

Marc_Asmus
Level 3

Thanks for weighing in, Josh. I appreciate where I think you're headed with this... "why introduce a new status if it doesn't impact anything later in the program?" In our case, we want to have clear, representative statuses for members of a program because we share that information outside of our marketing team.

Marc_Asmus
Level 3

Thanks for your reply, Sydney Mulligan​. I'll give this approach a try.