Re: Running Paid Ads with out the use of utm?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Running Paid Ads with out the use of utm?

Good day ya'll,

I may be way out in left field here but I figured I would ask and see if it is at all possible.  Is there a way in Marketo to run multiple ads with the same landing page & form and still be able to report out on them with out using utm?

For example:

I have a guide I would like to promote, so I create a landing page and form for it, and I run ads on both facebook and Linkedin to the same landing page promote it. Is there a way to distinct where the leads are coming from in report w/ out using a utm url?

Our goal is to start running ads without the use of utm, we want to have a cleaner acquisition approach. Appreciate the help!

Cheers,

Justin

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I normally use URL parameters to track my campaigns, if this is not sufficient, you may be able to use referrer url filter.  FOr example if referrer contains Linkedin vs  facebook, depending on what part of their networks you are using

Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

Yeah, I too would strongly advise you to use URL parameters, even if you're not ultimately capturing that data in the hidden form fields. At least that way you can check the Referrer URL and URL Parameters to identify where they came from.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you James, I'll try the referrer example. We currently use parameters but with the amount of ads ran it's starting to get rather complex. Thank you for the feed back.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Use a spreadsheet to manage these and construct the URL. There are several suggestions here and on my site.

The complexity will either be in the sheet, or in having dozens of Pages or Programs. Choose your poison