SOLVED

Running count of emails opened

Go to solution
Hank_Hansen
Level 5

Running count of emails opened

A monthly email is sent to each of our clients. I'd like to track how many of these emails a client has opened, in the form of a single field that keeps a running tally of the total number of these emails they have opened. I will then use this field value for segmenting leads. Has anyone done something similar to this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Running count of emails opened

Hey Hank, we do this for our daily newsletter. I created a score field, and each time they open a newsletter they get a +1 score. Then, every week we clear out the count of emails opened. You could then go ahead and segment based on the value that's in this field.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Hank, we do this for our daily newsletter. I created a score field, and each time they open a newsletter they get a +1 score. Then, every week we clear out the count of emails opened. You could then go ahead and segment based on the value that's in this field.

Hank_Hansen
Level 5

Perfect - thanks Dory!

John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Hank,

This can be done with an score field and a trigger campaign working off an Opens Email trigger, but keep in mind that triggering off of every Open Email activity can slow your instance down considerably depending on the number of emails you're sending.

John

Hank_Hansen
Level 5

OK John - Thanks for pointing this out.