SOLVED

Re: RTP Inside iFrame

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

RTP Inside iFrame

We are trying to include customized content on a login page hosted on an external domain. The login page includes an iframe of a Marketo page that we control. Are we able to use any of the RTP customization features inside the iframe that we control?

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

7 REPLIES 7
SanfordWhiteman

Short answer: yes.

Longer answer: IFRAMEd documents are HTML documents like the top-level document (the one in your browser's location bar). As long as the top-level document doesn't place any execution restrictions on your IFRAME -- called "sandboxing," this can include turning off JS in the inner  IFRAME if the outer page owner desires, which would certainly affect RTP -- then it will work as usual. However, if the inner and outer docs come from totally different domains (with no common private parent domain) then they won't share cookies, so don't expect the outer domain to react to actions taken on the inner domain.

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what I would have thought, but I am having trouble getting RTP to fire on any iframe, let alone cross domain. I have the RTP firing correctly on a Marketo page, but as a troubleshooting step I embedded it on another Marketo page and it's not working there either.

Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious but can you ensure you have the RTP code on the page? It's different from munchkin, and often when using Marketo landing pages for RTP people assume the RTP code is on there by default, and it is not.

SanfordWhiteman

Like Veronica says, make sure you have the RTP embed code, not just Munchkin.

A sample URL will let us troubleshoot your setup.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's the original page: https://secure.watchguard.com/loginoffer.html The RTP comes in and correctly changes the period at the end of the copy to an exclamation point.

Here's a page that is just a dummy iframe of the first. No switch:

https://secure.watchguard.com/Duped-Portal-Bin.html

The RTP campaign in question is set to match anyone.

Let me know if that helps.

SanfordWhiteman

Hey Adam Andrews, got your fix. But I want to get a chance to test it w/you privately before pubbing it here. So if you follow me on Community we can talk about it before coming back here and updating.

SanfordWhiteman