Re: RSVP Yes or No CheckBox Help

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

The two button URLs link to the Accept page and the Decline page above that a user will see after clicking either of the buttons.  The smart campaign is just triggering off of those values (see the trigger above - ignore the 'campaign is requested' trigger (that's for manual uploads)) and this is the flow:

pastedImage_2.png

It doesn't matter what the source is of the list.  The key is to reference the list (or upload to a static list) in the program so that the email invitations can be sent to the list of leads and tracked when they engage on the landing page.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, I think I understand the trigger and flow steps that you are mentioning. When I go to add the trigger for the link/web page..I get an error for when I enter my link name. When I go to the landing page I created to get the link, that is the link it provides me and it is an approved page so I'm not sure why I am receiving an error.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, when I got to change the program status, I do not have the same options as you do.

pastedImage_0.png

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You need to remove the "http://" from the link URL.  See this post for more info: .  Also be sure to visit the page and physically click on the link so that Marketo can index it and make it available for you here.

Looks like you're using the out-of-the-box program statuses for a Live Event (or someone customized them for your needs).  Each company will define their own channels/program statuses based on their requirements.  Ours look like this:

pastedImage_1.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I removed the http from the link on webpage trigger and I physically visited the page and clicked on the options of attending/not attending and still receive the error.  Since this is being sent out via email with the registration link included in the email should I have more than one trigger? "clicks link in email" and "web page is"?

pastedImage_0.png

If the person clicks the url link from the email it brings them to the registration page to RSVP yes or no...which is where I was getting my triggers from but not sure why I am getting an error still..

We recently lost our Marketo admin so I've been handed everything over without knowledge of how he set  everything up. Could you tell  me how to get to the channel/program where you can modify everything?

I appreciate your help with all of this!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Since this is being sent out via email with the registration link included in the email should I have more than one trigger? "clicks link in email" and "web page is"?

No, because the Clicks Email activity just brings them to the RSVP page.  It doesn't contain the Yes/No result.

If the person clicks the url link from the email it brings them to the registration page to RSVP yes or no...which is where I was getting my triggers from but not sure why I am getting an error still..

You need to look in the Activity Log of an individual lead who clicked.  Don't use the Smart Campaign as your main troubleshooting tool.  You need to break down each activity you're triggering on to make sure you are entering the correct into in the SL.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't even activate my only trigger because of the error I receive. When I go to the physical landing page just to test the link (that has the attend or decline) options, I just get the redirect to the other landing pages that I created for thank you for RSVPing. I don't actually get an email for RSVPing yes.

Should I include a token somewhere? I'm not sure what else I could be doing wrong since all of my pages are approved and the only trigger I have set up will not let me activate it. Below is the landing page where you can click to attend or decline the event. When you click one or the other you get redirected to the landing page but since my trigger is not activated, I cannot see results etc.

pastedImage_0.png

SanfordWhiteman

When you look in the Activity Log for a lead who clicks these links, do you see the activities you hope to trigger on?

The point is that your trigger SC depends on activities that you will be able to see in a lead's ActLog. The core of troubleshooting is the ActLog, not the trigger.  You're just putting yourself further away from the source if you keep hammering on the SC.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not quite sure what you mean.We lost our Marketo Admin and I am just trying to figure everything out right now. Yesterday I sent a test email to a couple people in my company (they only opened did not click on anything) but today I changed from the form field that I tried to do yesterday to just the links like Dan suggested. When I look at the program and look at the results, the only thing I see is data from yesterday. I tested the link/landing page to RSVP attending from my work email @reliaquest.com but I do not see anything under results (I'm guessing because of the trigger being inactive).

pastedImage_1.png

SanfordWhiteman

I feel like you're deliberately ignoring my suggestion: look in a lead's Activity Log.

You're creating a trigger based on activities, but you have no proof that those activities are being created as entered.  If they don't exist, there is no trigger fired, there are no results. Don't get distracted by programs, statuses, and channels.