Re: Round Robin Lead Assignment

Erin_Pinkowski
Level 2

Round Robin Lead Assignment

We are currently using Pardot and Ringlead and are getting ready to switch to Marketo and Ringlead next week. With Marketo, a form submission comes in and then Ringlead searches SFDC.  If Ringlead determines a matching account exists, it will create a new contact record on the existing account.  During this process, Marketo then creates a lead record in SFDC which is shortly after merged to the contact Ringlead created.  Since we auto number leads when they are created in order for us to utlize a round robin lead assignment method, I am concerned our lead distribution is going to way off since a this "temporary" lead record would receive the auto number, therefore someones spot in the wheel is passed up.  Looking for some suggestions for how to go about an equal distribution of leads using Marketo and Ringlead.  
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Does RingLead have any suggestions here?

Is there a way to exclude RingLead created leads from the trigger that assigns Round Robin?
Erin_Pinkowski
Level 2

Have a call with them tomorrow so hopefully they will have an answer.  I don't think there is a way to exclude Ringlead created leads from being auto-numbered and that is my concern.