SOLVED

Re: Reverting to an old program status

Go to solution
Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

Reverting to an old program status

We ran a campaign that updated some leads that weren't intended to be updated.  How can I revert the program status of those leads to a previous state?  Right now they show as success and I want to pull them out of that status.
Robb Barrett
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only way to move lead backwards in program status to my knowledge is to remove them from the program and then re-insert them back witht he right progression status.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only way to move lead backwards in program status to my knowledge is to remove them from the program and then re-insert them back witht he right progression status.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Robb,

I would run a smart list with filters like, "program status was changed" and "member of program = true, program = program name" and then specify the dates in the constraint field of the filters at the top, for when the success change happened.

When you see your list (check the lead detail on a few leads at first to make sure it shows that their success was changed by a change program status action). I'm assuming the leads you didn't want updated weren't meant to be in the program? You can specify even further with the "program status was changed filter" to say, "program is = program name, old status = not in program, new status = success step."

That's what I would start with!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, and then select all leads in the list and do a mass change to the status you want, like, "Not in Program."

Sorry! I hope that gave you some insight.
Alex_Stanton1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

There is a way, and it is a little like cheating, but it works. 

Go into the Tags in the Admin section, find the channel of your program, and open in edit.

Renumber the steps so that the stage leads are currently in and the previous one are in the same step number.

Then run a single flow action on the leads that are in the higher stage, bring them back to the stage you want them to be in.

Go back to the admin panel, into the channel and renumber the channel steps to what they were originally. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh that's a smart idea.
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi

I wonder if anyone can help me. I used to be able to use the 'not in program', then add them back in with an old status. but its not working, the lead is reverting back to Visited Stand but i want them as Attended.

Has Marketo changed anything recently?

thanks
alison 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Alison,

Technically, you cannot move records backwards in a progression status. 
The only so called “backward” status can be done through changes on you channels steps.

Please refer to following article:
https://community.marketo.com/MarketoResource?id=kA650000000GtyLCAS