Re: Reverse IP Capabilities in Marketo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Reverse IP Capabilities in Marketo

Hi so I have a question around Marketo's reverse IP capabilities and figured it might be best to see what the community thinks.

We currently use leadlander and we are beginning to discuss if suitable replacements exists. We use Marketo for a bevy of other features and I was curious if I am able to segment out a group of accounts and understand when an anonymous visitor from one of those said accounts visits the site with the reverse IP capabilities in Marketo? I also would like to be able to track what actions they are taking and from there even potentially personalize the page to the visitor in some capacity or pre fill their forms. Is this possible?

What are you thoughts?

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I also would like to be able to track what actions they are taking and from there even potentially personalize the page to the visitor in some capacity or pre fill their forms. Is this possible?

Not without Web Personalization (formerly RTP, a paid addtional module).

Marketo's default IP-based tracking is not as sophisticated as WP's, essentially relying on public IP block ownership data as opposed to a hybrid of public data and private and possibly more up-to-date "vigorish" on top of that.

ChristinaZuniga
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

My company used to use Leadlander until we replaced it with marketo reports. The plus is that you have a more integrated solution so you aren't just seeing companies separate from your scoring models and other data, you're also able to see the information once they convert. The negative is that marketo does not have a known AND anonymous blended report. You can have KNOWN visitors report or ANONYMOUS visitors report, but not the two together, which sucks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I am curious about your switch from LeadLander. The one nice piece about leadlander is the ability to have reports sent to all the necessary parties. Do you feel that Marketo's analytics are conducive to sharing with other folks outside of marketing (let's say sales or sales ops)? Some of our employees like to see what accounts or inferred accounts are heavily accessing our website and to do this at scale seems like a hassle at first glance in Marketo.

ChristinaZuniga
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Murphy,

In short, yes. You set up a subscription to the report and it sends at set intervals. Mine sends to all executives, sales, inside sales, marketing, etc. every day around midnight. You don't have to be a marketo user to receive the report via email and it can send all the data in an excel attachment to the email (with a preview of the data in the body of the email).

One thing I noticed was that LeadLander required a user login and so each person could go in and customize to what they wanted. Overwhelmingly people preferred to receive my generic email (global to marketing and leadership, domestic OR international to sales depending on region), but one person was quite put out that he couldn't customize to his sales area like he had in LeadLander. I made him his own report and he's been happy. Obviously not scalable, but since only one person was used to the old system and complained, I figure it's fine.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Christina,

Thank you for the insight! It was immensely helpful!

Happy holidays,

Murph