SOLVED

Reverse a lead's program status

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reverse a lead's program status

We sometimes have leads that decline an invitation to an event but subsequently change their mind and want to come.  However the Marketo user has already moved their status to Declined and cannot change it to Registered.

I suspect this is because "Declined" is considered a latter progression step to Registered, so the status cannot be reversed.

Is there a way to override this?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Reverse a lead's program status

If the user can feasibly switch between Registered & Declined in real-life terms, you probably want to be setting those Progression Statuses to have the same step. Then in your Marketo Program, the lead can switch between these without restriction.

To do this, go to Admin > Tags > Channel and edit the Channel that your Program uses. Then simply change the step numbers of Declined & Registered to be equal.

Let me know if that does the trick!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the user can feasibly switch between Registered & Declined in real-life terms, you probably want to be setting those Progression Statuses to have the same step. Then in your Marketo Program, the lead can switch between these without restriction.

To do this, go to Admin > Tags > Channel and edit the Channel that your Program uses. Then simply change the step numbers of Declined & Registered to be equal.

Let me know if that does the trick!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adam's solution is the right way going forward.
If you need to change anyone who has already gon ahead then you can set them 1st to Not in program and then to Registered.
So you are kicking them out of the program for a second and then putting them back in at the registered status.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you both for your suggestions.

Adam, we went with your advice since it saves other users from performing manual remove then adding leads back in.

Much appreciated guys.
Mike