Can I use global tokens in an email template?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I use global tokens in an email template?

Interested in creating templates with unsubscribe token so I can control the styling, also building an email signature for sending users. They won't always be the Account Owner, so I thought creating global tokens could work. in the Email template editor UI, I only see options for adding field values, and images. Im hoping for global tokens. Maybe it can't be done, and I need to log an idea instead of a question...

Please answer in such a way that a Marketo N00b like me can understand. Thanks.
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I use global tokens in an email template?

There are no global tokens. You can set up My Tokens at the Program and Campaign Folder level which may solve your problem, but they will not be system level. A workaround would be to create an SFDC field and populate it with the same data for everyone, but that's ugly.

Log an idea 🙂
Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi - what you're describing sounds a lot like a Snippet. If you create a snippet for your footer/signature area, and build an email template with that area as an editable area, when you are building your email you can simply replace that area with the snippet you want for that email (and snippets can contain tokens as well). Maybe read the snippet deep dive topics and see if it meets your needs? https://community.marketo.com/MarketoDeepDive?id=kA5500000008RPZCA2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes! Snippets! Now that I'm on Spark I've forgotten about those 😛
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Veronica,

Would Snipets be what I would use to create an email signature also?
Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I generally recommend using snippets for email signatures if you need a different (but consistent) email signature across different email mailouts BUT the email signature is not able to be done with tokens because you don't want to the email signature to reflect the lead owner.

Snippets are just an excellent way to build reusable content.