Revenue Model

Richard_Wasylyn
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

Revenue Model

I'm hoping to get some advice in building out a revenue model.

We are in the process of implementing Marketo and need to move fairly quickly. I'm curious to know if my approach is wrong in creating a very simple revenue model to start and then build it out over time. I'm considering just having a simple model:
unkown > known > lead > contact/opportunity > client
With the usual drop outs and return to marketing paths.

Is it better to start simple and build our or take a bit more time and develop something a bit more complicated?
Richard Wasylynchuk
3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Revenue Model

Richard,

Seems like you've just started with marketo. Congrats!

I'm not sure that you need to rush into the RCM/RCA system if you don't have your lead lifecycle nailed down. Why not spend the time to make sure the plan is right and the other parts of Marketo work, then work on the RCM implementation?

That being said, yes you can start up an RCM at any time. Marketo usually recommends you Edit a running Model rather than deleting it because if you remove an existing Model, that data is lost. Of course if you start adding Stages and routing rules in the middle, you'll need to rebucket alot of leads by hand, which might impact your conversion ratios.

Brennan_McAdam2
Level 4

I second Josh's comments on spending the extra time to develop the model and then add the RCM afterwards.  You will save yourself a lot of time.
Brennan McAdams
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

We took our time building ours too.  As a matter of fact, I just activated it recently. I redid our lead scoring models and then built the lead life cycle campaigns and activated RCM.  Kind of tricky for me at first because I had to do it based on product interest.  Each product interest leads to the ultimate purchase which is the sponsorship product.