SOLVED

Re: Revenue Cycle Model - Stage Best Practices

Go to solution
Kyla_Natali
Level 1

Revenue Cycle Model - Stage Best Practices

Hello! I am looking for best practices for the revenue cycle model... we are implementing this, and our sales cycle includes ALOT of stages. Before a lead becomes an opportunity, it must pass through six stages. Once it becomes an opportunity, it must go through seven more stages before it's a 'won opportunity'. For the revenue cycle model, would it best to list ALL stages between the lead and opportunity, or only the lead? Below is my current model (still in draft mode). I would appreciate any insight!

Kyla_Natali_0-1617195565596.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaMeyers
Level 4 - Champion

Hey Kyla, 

Without knowing all the details, my general advice is any stage you would like to report on differently or treat differently from a Marketing perspective, should be its own stage. 

An example of this in reality: Company X has 5 opportunity stages, Marketing is involved in communicating to the prospect while they are in Opp Stage 1 & 2. But after that they aren't allowed to email the prospect until the Opp is closed & all the activity that happens is sales specific. In this case in my Revenue model I might group Stage 1 & 2 into one model stage & Stage 3-5 in another. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaMeyers
Level 4 - Champion

Hey Kyla, 

Without knowing all the details, my general advice is any stage you would like to report on differently or treat differently from a Marketing perspective, should be its own stage. 

An example of this in reality: Company X has 5 opportunity stages, Marketing is involved in communicating to the prospect while they are in Opp Stage 1 & 2. But after that they aren't allowed to email the prospect until the Opp is closed & all the activity that happens is sales specific. In this case in my Revenue model I might group Stage 1 & 2 into one model stage & Stage 3-5 in another. 

Kyla_Natali
Level 1

Thank you, Jessica! That's super helpful.