Restricting leads from syncing to Salesforce

Anonymous
Not applicable

Restricting leads from syncing to Salesforce

Hi there!

I created a form and I wanted to know how I could set it so that the people who filled out the form aren't synced to Salesforce. We do want them in Marketo so that we know who has filled it out but we don't want them to get caught up in any other campaigns that we've established or will use in the future.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Restricting leads from syncing to Salesforce

Hi Gerard,

By default, Marketo will not push that lead to SFDC unless you do something that makes it happen. So 3 rules:

• Do not run a "sync lead to SFDC" flow step
  • Do not run a "add to SFDC campaign" flow step
  • Do not make this lead a member of a program that is synchronized with a campaign

-Greg

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Also, if you really want to make sure, you may want to do something more sophisticated:

• create a field in SFDC. Typically anything but boolean field. So a number (1,0) field will be fine.
  • Add a validation rule in SFDC that makes the value of 1 mandatory when the lead is created (and only at that moment, use the ISNEW() function) by the Marketo user (and only by it. Use the $Profile.Id field).

This will block any lead in Marketo to be pushed to SFDC unless you have explicitly set the value to 1.

This will be a hard way, but has side effects (as some other leads will not flow either, because you have forgotten to set the default value. You may have to revisit many other lead management smart campaigns to make sure the lead default value is set when you will wan to insert the lead.

-Greg

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

There are a lot of threads on controlling this with the lead lifecycle and along the lines Greg discusses. Please do a search.