SOLVED

Restrict activity sync with SFDC

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Restrict activity sync with SFDC

We are attempting to set up reporting so that we can monitor activity on new leads in SFDC. In order to report on this we are looking at the activities logged on the record. Unfortunately right now we have Marketo (Admin SFDC user) logging activities on the record and also the sales record owner logging activity. There is no way to filter these two apart to see true activity from the sales side.

Has anyone attempted to restrict the activity logging sync from Marketo? Is it recommended to do this?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Restrict activity sync with SFDC

Richard, you can disable these in the Admin section of Marketo:

Admin --> Integration --> Salesforce --> Sync Options --> Edit

This change can be reverted later, but you will lose the data during the time you disable the logging.

If you use Sales Insight and interesting moments, you don't need these activities logged here.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Richard, you can disable these in the Admin section of Marketo:

Admin --> Integration --> Salesforce --> Sync Options --> Edit

This change can be reverted later, but you will lose the data during the time you disable the logging.

If you use Sales Insight and interesting moments, you don't need these activities logged here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Richard,

What activities are being logged by Marketo?

Do you want to keep them?

Why can't you simply filter the activities down based on who created them?  Unless you don't have a specific Marketo user, sales activities would be logged by a different user than the Marketo activities.
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are logging basic activities - form completions and email opens/clicks.

We are also adding the same info into interesting moments and are quite detailed with campaigns in salesforce.

The issue with the filtering and reporting in SFDC is if I want to pull a report with leads that have no sales activities I don't have the option to filter based on who created the activities. I can only write the reports to show 0 activities (both sales and marketing) so we don't get an accurate read of whether or not the sales team is actually following up on leads.

From the sales perspective we have some of the inside team saying it's valuable to see data in the activity history so they can see chronologically the activity they are doing and what marketing is doing.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Richard,

Gotcha...

How good are you with SFDC?  I only ask because there is a solution, but its a bit of trigger work.

You can't create a standard formula field that triggers on an account/contact activity log.  (Or you can, but its justs on Last Activity Date and doesn't allow you to filter out who did it, similar to your example above).

What you can do is create an APEX trigger to trigger the "Last Sales Activity" based on those parameters.  i.e. When an activity is logged by a role or lead owner or maybe a type of activity...Trigger a "Last Sales Activity Date" field to be timestamped with today's date/time.

This way you could run a filter on the Last Sales Activity Date field and see if anything has not been logged in the past 14 days.  Marketo Activity SHOULDN'T trigger that field to be updated.

Again, bit of work...might be something to get a developer or your local partner to help out with, but I think it would do what you're looking for if its a big requirement.