Resend to non opens on a Nuture Campaign

SophieAtkinson1
Level 1

Resend to non opens on a Nuture Campaign

Nuture Campaign

I'm wondering whether someone can let me know whether it's possible to set up a nuture campaign and add in a 'campaign/constraint (?)' that allows us to 'resend to non opens' on each email on the nuture campaign, before receiving the next email on the campaign? 

Please can someone let me know if this is possible to do in the nuture campaign or whether I'll need to set up a few smart campaigns separately on the side?

Thanks 

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Pickles
Level 7

Re: Resend to non opens on a Nuture Campaign

Hi Sophie,

While it's entirely possible, the biggest question that needs to be asked is "What are you trying to achieve by sending the email twice?".

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

And expanding on Josh's point, remember that "not having an Opened Email activity" isn't the same as "not reading the text content of the email."

Only people with images enabled will ever log an open. Penalizing someone for merely not having images enabled is a good way to get people to unsubscribe.

SophieAtkinson1
Level 1

Hi

Thank you for your response. I was actually unaware of this point 'Only people with images enabled will ever log an open'.

Would it be best to only ever send resends with a different subject line and to those who haven't 'clicked on links'?

I'm interested to hear your thoughts. 

Thanks

Michael_Florin
Level 10

In my opinion, we should never send the same email twice to a person. The recipient very likely has their reasons to not open or to not click, and changing their behavior by just sending the same thing again, is just lazy. (IIRC, Eloqua even had a system setting that prevented exactly that.)

If we believe our content is so valuable or our message so important, we should at least re-phrase it or try a different format, as in send as plain-text what formerly didn't work as HTML.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Thank you for your response. I was actually unaware of this point 'Only people with images enabled will ever log an open'.

Yes, Opened Mail must use a tracking pixel.

Would it be best to only ever send resends with a different subject line and to those who haven't 'clicked on links'?

I tend to agree with Michael that resending a (non-operational) email without any changes to the body creative is a bad idea.  But sending only to people who didn't click and didn't open at least narrows the field of people you're sending it to.