Re: Required Fields on Form Blank

Anna_Fuerstena4
Level 2

Required Fields on Form Blank

I have a form with required address fields, but when I check the results there are several people that have the filled out the form (checked their activity log) and somehow did not fill out the address fields. How is that possible? Is there a way to fix that?

6 REPLIES 6
Keith_Nyberg2
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Hey Anna,

Based on what you have stated, this should not occur. 2 possible ideas of how this could have happened.

• Form was modified to add address field after these suspect records were created. This means when they filled the form, the address field wasn't present and thus, value is empty.
    • Verify that you can see your address field with a NULL value passed in the "Filled Out Form" activity log
    • If you don;t see this in the "filled out form" activity, this means the field was added after the people filled the form, confirming my assumption.
  • Record was created directly via the Form API via a Bot (had this happen to me as bots going through the API are never on your LP)
    • Doesn't follow restriction with required fields
    • Should be easy to spot if this is the scenario as the records affected will look like spam. And no visit webpage activity is logged next to where the form was submitted.

Happy to help you continue troubleshooting if you can provide some details on your findings in my recommendation above. Otherwise this is as far as I can go with the information provided.

Hope this helps!

Sincerely,

Keith Nyberg

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Please provide a URL so we can see if any stray JavaScript is interfering with the form submission.

Like Keith mentions, this is most likely a case of bot submissions, which are not affected by in-browser field validation. (Validation requires JavaScript support, so it's by nature an opt-in process that's readily worked around if someone is malicious.)

Anna_Fuerstena4
Level 2

Thanks Keith Nyberg​ and Sanford Whiteman​. Here is the LP link http://go.rwc.com/DFW-EvoPEX-Sample-Kit.html I did a little more digging and found that the address field used on the form is a SFDC Lead field and when I looked at the activity log the address is actually getting changed from populated to null. Could there be a SFDC rule I need to overwrite?

SanfordWhiteman

Could there be a SFDC rule I need to overwrite?

Or an operational Smart Campaign. What is the reason given for the Data Value Changed?

Anna_Fuerstena4
Level 2

Reason: "Synched from salesforce.com Lead ID..."

SanfordWhiteman

Then you're right, it's on the SFDC side.