SOLVED

Request for Assistance - SunCertPathBuilderException Error

Go to solution
Prasad_Shetty
Level 1

Request for Assistance - SunCertPathBuilderException Error

Description: I am encountering a "SunCertPathBuilderException" error while working with a Marketo integration. This error is related to the validation of SSL/TLS certificates. I am seeking assistance from the Marketo community to resolve this issue.

Issue Details:

• Error Message: SunCertPathBuilderException -- unable to find a valid certification path to the requested target.
  • Integration Details: I am using a Marketo integration to connect to a remote server, and I believe the issue is related to the CA Bundle and certificate validation.
  • Environment: I am running the integration on an AWS EC2 instance.

Steps Taken:

• I have verified the CA Bundle and ensured it contains the necessary root certificates.
  • I have updated the CA certificates bundle on the EC2 instance (Amazon Linux).

Request for Assistance: I kindly request assistance from the Marketo community in resolving this issue. Specifically, I would appreciate guidance on how to configure the system truststore on an AWS EC2 instance to resolve the "SunCertPathBuilderException" error.

Screenshots or Logs : image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Prasad_Shetty
Level 1

Re: Request for Assistance - SunCertPathBuilderException Error

Thank you for your response. We are glad to inform you that we have resolved the issue with the Self-Service Flow Step.

The issue was caused by our service's SSL certificate chain not being known to Marketo API clients. To resolve the issue, we exposed our CA bundle to the endpoint and used it in openAPI.json.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You haven’t specified — the more detail, the better! — but I assume you’re using Call Webhook? Or is it a Self-Service Flow Step?

Either way, you need to find some way of a test URL to us to get help. Obviously it doesn’t have to be your real service but could be an instance just for testing.

Prasad_Shetty
Level 1

Thank you for your response. We are glad to inform you that we have resolved the issue with the Self-Service Flow Step.

The issue was caused by our service's SSL certificate chain not being known to Marketo API clients. To resolve the issue, we exposed our CA bundle to the endpoint and used it in openAPI.json.