SOLVED

Reporting on text only email

Go to solution
Jennifer_Bisho1
Level 4

Reporting on text only email

We had a customer receive a text only email that was wrong, because whomever created it forgot to copy all HTML to text.  Basically it had the placeholder Lorem Ipsum text from the template in it because someone forgot to do this step before it was approved/went out.

Is there anyway to pull a report that would tell us how many people received/opened the email as text only?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sara_Greaves
Level 5

Re: Reporting on text only email

Hi Jennifer,

I think you will find your answer here: https://nation.marketo.com/message/125914#comment-125914

Essentially, there's not a way to pull that report at this time.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Sara_Greaves
Level 5

Hi Jennifer,

I think you will find your answer here: https://nation.marketo.com/message/125914#comment-125914

Essentially, there's not a way to pull that report at this time.

Jennifer_Bisho1
Level 4

Hi Sara - I had a feeling that was going to be the case.  Thank you!

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Yeah, it's not technically possible to know if someone opened only a text version of an email.

I recommend you move to Email 2.0, where contents of rich-text elements are auto-copied to your text version by default. We will be deprecating Email Editor 1.0 in 2017.

Justin

Jennifer_Bisho1
Level 4

Thanks, Justin.  How does one move to Email 2.0?  I went under Admin > Email > Edit Email Editor Settings and it's on Legacy instead of New.  Is this what you are talking about?  I'm afraid to change it because I have no idea what that does.  Thanks!

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Yes, that is exactly what I'm referring to.

You can read this quickly, then enable it:

Turning On/Off Email Editor 2.0 - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

When we released Email 2.0 in the Spring '16 release we left it off for all customers. Customers had to manually enable it from that Admin page. At this point, Email Editor 2.0 is fully backward compatible in every way with Email 1.0 (any old emails/templates will still work, as well as any API integrations). By now, there is feature parity + much, much more.

We'll be auto-switching every customer to Email 2.0 at some point in 2017 and removing Email Editor 1.0 from the product .

Justin

Jennifer_Bisho1
Level 4

Thanks, Justin!  I'll take a look at this today and enable 2.0