Re: Reporting on Smart List counts

Anonymous
Not applicable

Reporting on Smart List counts

Hello all,

I've been looking for a work around for my current process of pulling smart lists individually each month for reporting purposed, as it is way too time consuming.

What I would like to achieve is a state where I get an email at the beginning of each month with the current count of leads in each smart list. Or, is having that setup as an email isn't possible, at least a place where I can view the total counts of the smart lists without having to individually pull each one every month.

Any thoughts or recommendations on this one??

8 REPLIES 8
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

It would be helpful to understand what data you are trying to pull with the existing smart lists. There are different ways.

• Monthly smart list subscription
  • Lead performance report
  • RCE
  • Third party tool
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Josh,

None of the above that you listed would work, I have tried. Unless you can think of another way.

All I want to see is the count of a smart list. The lists contain certain filters that we use in combination with each other to track email engagement. So, not based off of the performance of an email (email report), or looking for a list of people in the smart list (monthly smart list subscription, also maxed out at 100k), RCE doesn't pull this type of info...

Any thoughts?

Noah

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Might post this as an idea to list all/some smart lists and their current counts in a nice table. Doubt they'd do this because of the system load.

Edward_Unthank_
Level 10

Definitely sounds like you're looking for smart list subscriptions. Here's the documentation for how to do this: Subscribe to a Smart List - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

If you set the subscriptions up to special email addresses, you can create filters for them. For example, we do naming conventions like:

eunthank+[CLIENTNAME]@etumos.com or eunthank+[reportgrouping]@etumos.com, so we can filter those into a separate category/folder that keeps them from jumbling up your inbox.

Edward

Anonymous
Not applicable

Edward,

Is there a way for the report to show you the full count of the smart list subscription? I looked into this before and the report would send me a CVS of the first 100k records (the lists I am pulling are much larger than that). So I needed just simply the count of the list, not the actual records in the list.

Any further thoughts on how I could do this?

Noah

Rachel_Noble
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

My apologies if you've already tried this, but did you try making a (lead) performance report with custom columns which are the smart lists you are referencing?

Add Custom Columns to a Lead Report - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Anonymous
Not applicable

I like this idea.

If I had to create it for a certain set of smart lists rather than all smart lists I might setup a flow that adds and removes individuals to a SFDC Campaign.  The SFDC Campaigns would all be named or identified in some easy method that I could run a smart list off of it so I could easily see the "Total Campaign Members".

I hope there is a better way but that's all that I can think of at the moment.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Josh, yes this is the route that I was thinking that I would have to take.