SOLVED

Re: Reporting on SFDC custom Objects/Campaign in RCA

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reporting on SFDC custom Objects/Campaign in RCA

“Can I synchronize my SFDC Campaigns to Marketo Programs and then report on them in the same way as standard Marketo Programs?”

Secondly, can I report on their custom SFDC Objects in RCA?

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Jamie,

On the first point, yes, but you will always have to go to Marketo to sync the program and the campaign and it will require that the SFDC campaign member statuses are exactly the same as the Marketo program channel steps. Which is why it always easier to create the Marketo program first, then create the smart campaign from Marketo, then go to SFDC and complete the campaign data, but NOT TOUCH CAMPAIGN MEMBER STATUSES, as if you change them in SFDC it stops the sync.

On the second, I am not sure. Josh Hill​ has a stronger experiences on RCE capabilities.

-Greg

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Jamie,

On the first point, yes, but you will always have to go to Marketo to sync the program and the campaign and it will require that the SFDC campaign member statuses are exactly the same as the Marketo program channel steps. Which is why it always easier to create the Marketo program first, then create the smart campaign from Marketo, then go to SFDC and complete the campaign data, but NOT TOUCH CAMPAIGN MEMBER STATUSES, as if you change them in SFDC it stops the sync.

On the second, I am not sure. Josh Hill​ has a stronger experiences on RCE capabilities.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!  That is a big help

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Right on point 1.

No, you cannot sync custom objects to RCE (afaik). You can sync a lot of custom fields to RCE to different report types, so if you really needed something, you could push the values to certain fields.

You could ask Support if you really need this. It's technically possible. But if you do want to upload all sorts of data, a tool like Tableau or Domo would be much better for this situation.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Josh!