Re: Reporting off opportunities

Anonymous
Not applicable

Reporting off opportunities

Does anyone have some best practices advice for reporting on the performance of opportunities within Marketo?  At our organization all sales processes happen on opportunities (you can't sneeze without having an opportunity created for you in Salesforce) and my attempts at reporting gives us numbers on ALL opportunities attached to the leads in the campaign.

This is useless obviously for things like gauging the effectiveness of a renewal email campaign, where it's guaranteed the contact already has closed won opportunities attached to it.  Am I just better off syncing all our Marketo campaigns with campaigns in Salesforce and running reports from there?
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

This sounds like it needs some research. Are you using RCA by any chance?

I do recommend syncing Programs to SFDC Campaigns whenever possible. 

I think you could constrain a Lead report to a time frame so that older Opps don't show up. Use the smart list feature and the Setup feature to do something like this:

Leads Created At/Between

with a Smart List of Has Opportunity, Opp is at X stage.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cole,

Our marketing attribution algorithm takes into account the date when the touch happened (i.e. Program Success) and evaluate if the touch happened before or after an opportunity was created in order to give credit to a Program or not.

This feature is available in SMB Select Edition or with the RCA add-on product if you're an enterprise customer.

TJ