SOLVED

Re: reporting Lead Activity

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

reporting Lead Activity

I currently send an alert email to Sales whenever a lead has reached their point threshhold and has 'matured'. The information my sales team wants is to kow WHY this lead has matured. What emails did they receive, what did they open and click on.

In the alert email, the lead's name use to be hyperlinked, and they could click on the lead's name and be taken to their history. That no longer is a possiblity. When you do that, you are taken to a broken page.

We do not have SFDC. There is no 'recent activity' or that type of filer to drag into the alert email. I didn't see any type of Lead Activity report that I can send otu with the alert email. So, how can I report to my sales team a lead's activity?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried using a token to write "most recent interesting moment detail" to the record?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried using a token to write "most recent interesting moment detail" to the record?
Edward_Masson
Level 10

Do you have MSI?
Are you passing any information of Interesting Moments to a CRM?
Tara_Petre
Level 5 - Champion Alumni

If you did have SFDC, you could link to the leads SFDC record by using your SFDC link prefix followed by an SFDC id token. They can then easily access the record's MSI Activity log.  

An alternative option, would be to include a token to reference the lead's last interesting moment prior to MQLing or 'maturing.'
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think MSI is paert of Standard...
Kristen_Malkov1
Level 8

If you're not working with a CRM, you can generate alert emails from the corresponding campaigns/programs instead of from a triggered scoring program. You could have it so that if they take a certain action AND their score has reached the threshold, send the email. Although this would mean sending an email per campaign, it is a decent workaround given your situtation. Mark's suggestion is also good, but would only capture their most recent activity. 

If you are using a CRM, sales insight is your best bet to solve this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I do not have MSI to my knowledge. We don't have a CRM persay. We have Oracle. And when leads mature, they get sent to Oracle. But, Oracle doesn't 'talk back' to Marketo. It's only a one way interaction. 

None of my leads have an 'interesting moment' tied to them. How do I get that to fillin with most recent activity?
Kristen_Malkov1
Level 8

When you create smart campaigns, you can create interesting moments as part of the flow step. It will let you select whether it is an email action or a significant moment. Be sure you create triggered campaigns with this flow step if you choose to use the token method. They don't populate without 'being told' from Marketo; IE its up to you/your team to determine what should/should not be an interesting moment.

I'm not familiar with Oracle, but if there is a way to create campaigns and push leads to campaigns, I'd definitely use that because it'll give some insight as to what marketing generated programs they'd been apart of.
Edward_Masson
Level 10

You can run several smart campaigns to stamp lead records with interesting moments when certain acativites have been completed or demographical information was captured. this builds up a history of this lead activity, which can can then, once synced to your CRM will go with them. In the MSI (Marketo Sales Insight) is a widget that sits inside SFDC on Lead/contact records to show behavour/business milestones completed that is relevent to the sales teams.

Because you dont have SFDC or MSI, you can still stamp records with Interesting moments. My question to you is what information gets pushed to your Oracle platform? You may need to create custom fields in Oracle to capture the data.